Thread: Classic Nook Extended Protection
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
Copynik
Copynik began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I just got off the phone with Square Trade about buying a 3-year extended warranty plus accidental damage insurance for my nook. They told me it's important to know your nook ship date before you purchase a warranty plan from them. The reason--I pre-ordered my nook in October. It is now over a month since I ordered, so based on my purchase receipt, I do not qualify for ST's extra accidental damage insurance. But since my nook will not be shipped until Nov 30th, if I wait until then to purchase an extended warranty with ST, I can also buy the accidental damage insurance because the order will no longer be considered 1-month old (since it hasn't even shipped yet). All I'll need is proof that it shipped on 11/30 and that I didn't receive it last month, which of course I did not.

The folks over at ST already know about the nook and the pre-orders, etc, so they were able to help me out with the info. They are currently running a sale and hopefully will have one going on Monday when my nook ships.
Copynik is offline   Reply With Quote