View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 05:28 AM   #6
rvdparis
Connoisseur
rvdparis doesn't litterrvdparis doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch + iPad 1 + iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebooker View Post
So I export it back into EBL, and on EBL I can jump from mark to mark. With the EBl window open, I open up Word and basically just use the EBl marks as a reminder about what i wanted to say. So I do the actual composition in Word, not in the EBL or the reader. The comments i took on the reader is only there to remind me of things, not as finished narrative.
I think this is a great way to use the Sony as the technology stands now. You're analyzing the notes you took by rewriting them from the EBL screen into Word. That is probably the most important task that needs to be done after a reading session.

And you're right about needing the integration with a reference manager like Endnote (i use Sente, which is unique in that each quote/note you take is a separate field with page number+your comments; all other reference managers make you type all your notes in ONE note field per reference). I was thinking that I could somehow manipulate the RTF file that you export from EBL to put into my reference manager, but then I'm doing a lot of work for something that needs to be simple; i.e., putting the notes I took into some sort of analytic text I am composing.

And the idea of Hanselda to create a script is great...

Given all this, I wonder when someone is going to make an ebook reader for the academic market...
rvdparis is offline   Reply With Quote