View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
I need an english/US ebook store without DRM

Hello. I think this fits best in General Discussions, so ...

I totally hate DRM. So far I bought no book (or mp3) with DRM, and I don't plan on changing that.

Currently, most ebooks that I have are either old ones from Gutenberg.org or they are selfscanned. Oh, and to add: I hardly read any paper books nowadays.

But now, I heard about a book about NASCAR, that I really want to read. The book is also available as ebook, and so of course, I would love to read it on my ebook-reader. I already found it (sometimes along with other interesting NASCAR ebooks) in a few different ebook-stores, but they all use DRM.

So, is there an ebook-store that doesn't use DRM? Or is the use of DRM mandated by the ebook-publisher (that means I would have no chance)

Also, as far as I know, it is illegal to remove the DRM, at least in some countries. Is that true?
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote