View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #21
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
That assumes you did all that in the first place. I write in unformatted .txt so it doesn't stat looking pretty until I apply the style sheet in LibreOffice. I don't have to spend hours stripping out text boxes and other nonesuch, and "the nuclear method" is simply re-importing everything from the original .txt files instead of doing a long copy-pasta that might get truncated.

I could not imagine typing a 100k word piece in that way. The spell checking alone would be a nightmare for me. I have set up my template in MS Word to Smashwords style guide, and I just type right in that and make sure I save as .doc. That includes the formatting for chapters headings so that Meatgrinder turns out working TOC's and all that. My files make it through first try, no errors. I assume LibreOffice can do the same.

Not ever tried a bulleted list though.. might someday just to see the issue first hand.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote