View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I just purchased Stephen Hawking's A Briefer History of Time in Mobipocket format from Mobipocket. My complaints are not directed toward Mobipocket, but against the publisher, Bantam Books. Although the book itself is well written and a pleasure to read, Bantam has done an incredibly sloppy job of formatting it.
I would drop them a note about it. An actual, printed letter, sent first class mail. I'd tell them I was unhappy, and why, and state that if they couldn't be bothered to do elementary copy editing and proofreading on an electronic book, I couldn't be bothered to buy anything they published, in any format, because I expected basic levels of quality for what they charged.

It might just stir the pot a bit.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote