View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
maintaining the library across filesystems with different case conventions while still maintaining the ability to base folder/file names of metadata with the correct case is not possible. I'm not going to explain why as it would take too long. Still, if you can think of a way to make it possible (I cannot) feel free to submit a patch, I will be more than happy to look at it. The relevant function is set_path in the file database2.py

If you want to share the same library between linux and windows, put it on a windows filesystem and mount it as case insensitive in linux.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote