View Single Post
Old 05-03-2022, 06:30 AM   #4
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huwaetzel View Post
First of all, great, this is a great initiative and the first version is very promising.
What I like:
- Interactivity. Have not fully tested yet, but this allows keep annotations "clean" at the end. Great would be, if one could also extend the own comment given, not the highlighting itself.
- The many different formats to export. Everybody is different and while I am preferring more text/markdown, others may prefer csv
- General stability
Thanks for testing! Great to know it runs OK elsewhere.

Editing comments is a todo. Deleting will likely be added first.
One hurdle is the local mirror setup. A solution for now is to keep the reader connected for editing, so both DBs can be updated.

A json export option was planned, but it was dropped to finish the first release. Markdown wouldn't be too complex to add.

Quote:
Ideas for improvement:
- I am using an InkPad Color. Keeping that color coding I am used to would be great
Interesting. Implementing that would require the colour names that PB uses in the DB. I know about 'yellow', and blue being 'cian' [sic].
Might you be willing to check those in your DB?

Quote:
I am happy to test the Linux version. My systems are all based Debian or Ubuntu. Windows is only used in the few cases I can not prevent using it
Stay tuned. A working .deb installer was made at one point.
Can you use Flathub? It removes the need for distro-specific releases.
Still, for Linux the part that monitors USB devices needs work, the main thing keeping it from release.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote