View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #24
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Luck is what I would need. So far I haven't had much joy trying KoReader's search function. First was configuring KoReader to use the calibre.metadata file on the external uSD card rather than on the internal storage -- setting the library path to /mnt/sd is not intuitive when I'm trying to set the search path. Secondly, finding that it does not return series unlike the Kobo search which returns the series and lets me tap on a series name to see only the books in the series. Thirdly, the books returned seem in a rather random order -- probably from the way that they are stored in the calibre metadata file in contrast to Kobo's alphabetical ordering.

This is using the 2014-08-13 / 2014-04.514 release of KoReader.

Regards,
David
The latest versions have a tool to change defaults, the "LIBRARY_PATH = "/mnt/sd" option is at the top of the fourth page. You need to point it to the directory where calibre put its calibre.metadata file. If you the send to the "A drive" function of calibre it will be "/mnt/sd". Funny, "Series" is one of the default tags included in the search. In fact it was one of the first things I tried with it. It found all of "the Restoration Series [x]" (that is how the tag is listed in calibre) by just entering "restoration". Not sure about the order, I didn't test it that much, but they were all listed and there were no false positives. This is a brand new feature (it was even labeled "Experimental") such added features to Koreader have developed rather rapidly, with user input. The results you get will probably depend on how you constructed the calibre library that you use with the device, and how you construct your search.

I am sure WS64 would be interested in any improvements you can suggest. I would rather have Series sorted by the number of the book in the series.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote