View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randeep View Post
If I buy a CD, however, I am within my rights to digitize my music on my computer, store it on an MP3 player, etc.

So I don't feel like I should be obligated to buy a separate eBook after having purchased the real deal. I could take Stephen Hawking's Grand Design and scan it in page by page, but what a giant pain that would be.
These two points here are an excellent example of fair use. You buy a CD, and you need to rip it to MP3 to use on a different device. You buy a book, you need to scan it to use it on a different device. Just because one is easier than the other, it doesn't mean you should get the different format for free because it would take longer. You want it digitized? You do the work.