View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #335
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I wonder if this should be in this thread, or in the other Vent and Rant thread. It's about technology, but it also isn't.

At home, I use a hardware calibrated, and profiled Eizo CS240 display. (Remaining from my days as a semi-pro part time photographer.) It has a resolution of 1920x1200, and the panel is 24.1 inches.

At work I use a Dell UltraSharp U2415. It is also 1920x1200, and the panel is also 24.1 inch.

Then why does everthing on the Eizo monitor *feel* smaller, though the settings are exactly the same on both with regards to fonts and everything, while at the same time, the Eizo feels as if it's a huge display compared to the dell?

Could it be because of the wide bezels around the Eizo? The Dell is a very slim display, with three out of four bezels being just 2mm or thereabouts (the bottom one is half an inch or so), and it weighs in at around 4.2 kg. The Eizo on the other hand, has huge 1 inch black bezels, with the bottom one being 1.5 inches or so. (All the ColorEdge CS/CE monitors have this: the FlexScan EV monitors have small bezels nowadays. The competing NEC monitors also have wide bezels, so I assume there is some color technology stuff/thing that requires them..) The Eizo comes it at roughly 8.5 kg, almost twice the weight.

Could the slim/wide bezels be influencing my view, with small bezels making the screen look big(ger) and with wide bezels making the screen look small(er)? It's the only reason I can imagine.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote