View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 02:49 AM   #18
Digital_Restrict
Digital_Restrict began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Android, Win7x64
Change of situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
My Clippings.txt is a log of the notes you have taken on any specific Kindle. It is completely independent of notes appearing in the book and being synced.
I see. Thank for the clarification.

Okay, so my situation has changed. I have pulled up a random book, made some random notes and highlights in it, synced and then rebooted my Kindle. Now the "my clippings.txt" has (re)appeared in the \documents folder.

When I run the plugin, there is no error, just a popup that says "no annotated books found on device - Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library".

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I believe this error message is saying it tried to convert a nonexistent My Clippings.txt (NoneType). Perhaps this error should be properly caught... with a warning.
Looks like you were right ! But I'm still locked out of my notes and marks. No way yet to make the full transition away from Amazon !

Additional info: The books on my Kindle are all matched to books in my library. The books in my Calibre library are DRM-free .azw and .mobi books, since I imported them from my Kindle with ApprenticeAlf's plugin enabled. I don't know if that changes anything.

Thanks again for the support. For now I cannot see clearly anymore, I'm going to bed and hopefully tomorrow we'll sort things out !

Have a good night

Last edited by Digital_Restrict; 06-29-2014 at 03:01 AM. Reason: to quote eschwartz, whose post I had missed
Digital_Restrict is offline   Reply With Quote