View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
wellreadfred
wellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Nexus 7
Question Fire, Nexus or Galaxy Tab 2 7"?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy either a Kindle Fire, Nexus 7 or a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" (wifi). I own a Kindle Keyboard and have had it 2 years. My wife has an Ipad and I do not care for it.

The Kindle keyboard is jailbroken with the screen saver hack. I have several hundred books on it and love it. I use calibre to manage books on the Kindle.

However I hate the way it handles PDFs. I enjoy reading Sky & Telescope, Astronomy, and Sky at Night via PDFs on my laptop. I would really like to read them on a ebook reader. Plus there are a few astronomy books available on PDF that I'd like to add to a reader.

I am not a gamer, the last game I played was Angband, many, many years ago. So gaming is not a big thing for me. I sometimes watch a Youtube video but never use my reader as a music player. I do like to read several astro forums, and general web browsing. I'd like to check my email from a POP account, can any of these readers accommodate POP and SMTP email accounts?

I am curious about an astronomy app called SkySafari and would probably add that to one of the above readers/tablets.

From what I read the Galaxy will not run or install apps to the SD card, is that correct?

I have read and re-read until I have analysis paralysis on these three tablets. I would like to know if any of these play Flash? Can they be made to run Flash? Are there any cons that I am blatantly missing?

I would appreciate your recommendation on which tablet would be best for my use. Thanks.

peace & happy reading,
~wellreadfred-
wellreadfred is offline   Reply With Quote