View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 12:58 PM   #1
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
[Kindle] Add page numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Please update your profile to say WHICH model+verson Kindle
They all behave differently in some cases. There may be a setting for your specific model.
I'm having trouble with my current library and my new KPW[Generation10]. All my books are AZW3 and page numbering has always worked fine with both my old KPW [gen 4 and 7 I think].

I tinkered yesterday but can't seem to get it working ie something about checking to see if 'apnx' files are there, which they are, and I checked my settings in Calibre while my Kindle was plugged in, this was what I had/did;
Checked already ‘read metadata’
Checked already ‘use subdirectories’
Save template filled with: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Checked ‘send page numbers’ it was set to ‘fast’ in the submenu
I changed it to ‘accurate’
Both custom column menu were blank – there’s an option here for page column, I added 'Page'
Checked already overwrite existing apnx on device

I'm sort of tech challenged so I really don't know where else to start. Any patient and simple to follow instructions would be most helpful and appreciated!

ETA: at one point I thought I had it working so I deleted my whole library from my Kindle and re-synced. After waiting for it to index it wasn't working again.

Last edited by Blue2u; 01-14-2020 at 01:00 PM. Reason: edited to add details
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote