View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondscum View Post
I have an old Kindle 4 that I always keep in "airplane mode" and manage through Calibre. But my understanding is that Amazon has locked down things like collections on all their recent devices and you can only manage those through their cloud interface (or by manually putting books into collections on the device). Some form of collection management or tagging is a must for me with several hundred books on the device, so that was a deal-killer for me with respect to updating to a newer Kindle.
As the OP owns a Kindle Voyage and is happy with it, that's probably not an issue.

For myself, I do sideload all my books through Calibre, but have always been happy with all my Kindles. I bought the Oasis 2 mainly because of the larger screen and have not regretted it. And as you can now install your own fonts (that was my main gripe with Kindles), I couldn't be happier.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote