View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #251
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by hreader View Post
Can anyone say which are the main feature of the project?
And what about the original firmware, is still possible to use it after installing koreader?
Can I suggest to make a video and add the link and the above info in the first post? I'm curious to know and see

In the github page, it is written "created for usage on the Kindle e-ink reader. It currently supports Kindle 5 (Touch) and Kindle Paperwhite" just because the kobo version need more testing?
There are a number of features that make Koreader a great addition to any Kobo reading device. Many prefer how it handles .pdf files, others need the ability to read the ebook formats that Nickel (Kobo's software) cannot read, like .pdb, but for me the best feature is that Koreader uses a File Manager to access your ebook files. Using the file manager approach allows for a much larger ebook library and the ability to browse through your files to make your selections, from category folders of your own devising.

Your access and use of the original Kobo software is not effected by also having the Koreader installed, in fact you launch Koreader from within the Kobo User Interface (UI).

The Koreader Project was as an alternative reader program for the Kindle reading devices, originally for its PDF reading functions. Giorgio130 has been generous enough and dedicated enough to create a port of the Koreader that allows it to run on Kobo ereading devices. (See the first post of this thread.)

While I do have some experience with Video production and editing, it has been some time and the process I am used to is very time consuming. I guess a quick and dirty Youtube type video is possible but it would be just to show how it looks in operation, not a walkthrough of the modding process that was used.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote