View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
The problems I always had with the Sony software and the device-computer sync were when I moved files around. Say you have a book you want to add to your reader. You downloaded it from whatever place and save it on your desktop. You add it from your desktop to the Sony software and add it to your Reader. If you then move that file into a different folder, any time you plug in your Reader and the software tries to sync, it won't be able to find that file on the desktop any more and it will just hang there forever instaed of skipping it or giving you an error message. It tries to sync the whole library, every time. So if you're moving the files around it's going to mess everything up, even ones you thought were already synced. As long as you keep everything in the same place you had it when you added it to the Sony library it should be fine.

Calibre makes a separate copy of your files in its own directory so this problem doesn't exist. It also doesn't auto-sync, or display DRMed books at all. I think you can use Adobe Digital Editions to view those. As far as the notes and highlights go, you're probably stuck with the Sony software.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote