View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
I'm using mobi creator to make an ebook from an MS Word Doc. It works fine for really simple text but I don't know how to set off a paragraph or two that is a letter within the book. I need to isolate the letter with 2-3 lines of blank text above/below, and to have much wider margins on left/right from the normal text. I can't seem to get creator to accept this. First I tried simply setting the margins and adding extra blank lines in Word - Creator did not add the extra lines and only slightly increased the margins of the letter. Then I tried a text box, but Creator didn't even notice the text box was there; it left out all the text that was in the text box.

I know it's possible because I observed the set off in some of the .prc ebooks on mobileread. Would someone clue me into how to take care of this problem?

Bob
May have to save it as HTML and use the [PRE] marker for that portion. MS Word doesn't seem to do well with Creator on many things.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote