View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 05:13 AM   #4
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
They should do some marketing on the "cloud" concept.

But really it is more efficient to use local storage. It is so cheap these days, and you don't have all that data whizzing around costing money.

Cloud would be most useful for people with lots of devices. Seems like it is getting so as you're surrounded by screens of various sizes, and you pick up or turn on the one that has the right characteristics for the application you have in mind. It is not unusual to have six screens in your living room at once, I would say. Then you have media and software in the cloud which you can see through any screen.

However, all this costs money. I already am surrounded by more quality entertainment than I can hope to consume. When do we reach a screen-interaction glut? My phone is super cheap but durable. Personally I just don't need the internet when I am out on the street. An SD card turns it into a cool little media player (transcode movies through Handbrake to fit). So I personally have almost no use for cloud computing.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote