View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 01:47 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapax legomenon View Post
Hi, there, I plan on uploading an original epub file onto mobileread and maybe DTP. I'll probably be using kindlegen or calibre.

I'll be producing the epub file on my own with HTML...I won't be using MS Word or InDesign.

Two questions:

1)How can I simulate the Kindle reading experience without actually owning a Kindle device?
I know about the mobipocket reader for Windows desktop. Is that the best simulator/emulator for reading on Kindle? Or are there better emulators out there?

I'm most worried about embedded fonts, image alignment, etc.

2)If Mobipocket Desktop is an adequate simulator of Kindle 3 as well as Kindle 2 and Kindle 1? Which model does it most closely resemble?

Thanks.
Amazon provides a Kindle simulator for free for people developing content for Kindle. It will mimic operation of Kindle, Kindle DX, & iPhone. You can download it from Amazon on this page.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote