View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #9
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_D View Post
I see all the posts on this topic and at some point we have to ask ourselves, "Does it really matter?"

I have a nook, if there is a book I can only find at Amazon, I have no problem buying it, stripping the drm and loading it to my nook. I'm not sharing it, I didn't steal it, the publisher gets their money, the author gets their royalty and I can read the book that I legally purchased.

I guess it might open the door to let people sell software to strip DRMs or take it a step further in eliminating DRMs.

Either way, I'll continue doing what I'm doing and won't lose sleep over it.
Yes it does matter. I won't strip a DRm from a book because I believe it to be illegal. If it is legal then I can check out library books on my Kindle by stripping the DRM.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote