Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #211
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I've just seen that picture and counted the characters. The line I counted has 89 characters, which is way too long.

If the Kobo does not go below a line height of 1.3, and resets this to 1.3 every time a setting is changed, then I take 1.3 as the lowest maximum. I don't want to run over to the computer to put in the correct line height after I change anything.

I'd really like to see a page with a font setting that allows around +/- 65 characters per line, using only the the e-reader itself for setting the line height.

Also, I really like to know if that page display can be disabled. It wastes too much space on screen IMHO.
From what I've read, 1.3 is default line-height. It does waste too much screen space and looks awful (IMHO). Also, the page number at the bottom seems to be a standard. Sony has it, Amazon has it (locations), and I bet others have it was well.

What I want to know is if the settings are changed like increasing the font size, does that mess with the line height?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote