View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Dwanthny,

Are the "SVG glyphs" character glyphs, word glyphs or something else? I don't have a Kindle, but trying to read the links you posted, it appeared that Topaz formats were really scanned books, broken down into small images of words or characters to achieve reflow for the Kindle, with OCR text linked to the word/char images for searching. Does it look like that's what it's doing when you read such a book on the Kindle?
I think you have the right idea. I think they are mostly character but I am unsure. I don't have a kindle, when I purchase from Amazon I use Kindle4PC and remove the drm. Higher up in this comment area the group discussed all aspects of topaz and glyphs as they tried to unravel the format.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote