View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #10
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
This is all off-topic to the original point of the thread, but did a few tests with the svg xhtml's generated by the script. The Javascript and page changing svg objects need to all be removed, as that causes problems with Adobe DE and the reader. After that the inline css needs to be modified a bit along with changing the svg size from a fixed 6x9 inches to 100% width/height. After that it gets somewhat usable on the the PRS-505, but some of the more complicated content has some serious issues rendering.

I was using the title Infoquake from Amazon, there was a title page with the publisher's logo at the bottom of the page. This renders fine in Safari, Firefox, and Sigil, but Adobe DE somehow renders the logo at the top of the page instead of the bottom.

From a performance perspective there are also problems directly using the SVG files output by the script. Anything with a lot of elements - like a page of text - takes a long time to render on the reader. I tried this with the copyright page, as this was a bit of a disaster with the OCR converted version - rendering that probably took a good 30 seconds.

So it looks like the SVG version might be good for using as a reference when doing corrections on a regular computer, but I don't think the horsepower is there to use it on a device. That and you lose all the reflow/reformat features that exist in the Topaz format when it's converted to SVG.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote