View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Decrypted Topaz Support - time to revisit?

I recently purchased/downloaded several free books from Amazon and was dismayed to discover a large percentage of them were in Topaz format. Apparently the format is gaining popularity on Amazon, many are regular novels.

After checking out the regular sources on the DRM status I was delighted to discover that not only was the DRM cracked, but there are several python scripts to extract the metadata and convert the topaz formatting to SVG/HTML. It's not perfect yet, but it's pretty damned close.

I know decrypting topaz in Calibre is a non-starter, but the decryption script is separate from the scripts which convert topaz to html. Is it possible to make just the conversion scripts part of the official Calibre package? This way I can load decrypted topaz into Calibre and get the Metadata imported and convert to epub in a couple clicks.

Last edited by ldolse; 06-08-2010 at 09:42 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote