View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 01:16 PM   #20
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I know that but the OP was talking about using these devices OUTSIDE in DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
Even without a/c most radios and televisions will not be subjected to the direct sun. So they won't get the extreme heat only the ambient heat.
So you are telling me that I could take my cell phone outside tomorrow in the direct sunlight and leave it on for an hour and nothing will happen to it.

It will only be 100 here tomorrow.
And just for your information my house inside was 90 degrees when my a/c went out.. All my electronic stuff is fine but I dang sure didn't put them in the sun.

Though I did leave the tv off because I didn't want anymore heat in the house.

I was going to say something about central America but then I realized I was too far north. I was thinking of the equator.

I am telling you outright that in the early nineteen eighties, you could take a pocket cassette player or a boom box sold in Japan and run around in the jungles and on the beaches in Okinawa or in the Philippines all day long if you carried enough batteries. Those also units functioned in the California desert until the temperatures climbed into the hundred and teens. Cell phones back then did not yet have an infrastructure to make them useful to people in the areas I was in.

I am willing to bet that while the equipment you buy won't do that, the equipment sold at say...the base exchange in Subic Bay or Yokosuka will.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote