View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobK99 View Post
I wonder why KDP insist on it then :

Amazon Kindle Publishing Guidelines, 3.3.7

I guess I'm misinterpreting; it does after all say 'the file'; so I suppose they mean 'At the beginning of the first volume, put a link to future volumes. Future volumes should be added to the existing EPUB file.' If so, I don't think they support my idea - publishing a part-work in stages, unless I just have links to 'volume N - tbs'.

b
I'm pretty sure this refers to 'Omnibus' editions, ie the collected stories of Sherlock Holmes or Lord of the Rings I-III. In those cases a comprehensive TOC spanning all volumes makes a lot of sense

With the way every reader stores its files differently, a scheme for linking between epubs would be very fragile, and none exist AFAIK. Neither do I believe it would be a good idea, as any one person might not even own all volumes.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote