View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
There are already two Latin dictionaries available at MR:

1. Whitaker, William: Latin/English Dictionary
2. Lewis and Short: An Elementary Latin Dictionary

The Whitaker dictionary already contains inflections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
1. How can I generate inflection indices?
This inflection index format is explained at the Mobipocket web site.
You could extract Latin inflections from the data that the Diogenes project generated and French inflections from this site.

Quote:
2. How can I deal with contractions in French. For example, it should understand that l'hôtel begins with h instead of l.
Simply add "l'hôtel" as an inflection (=variant).

Quote:
3. How can I include macrons for Latin? I'd like to have amāre instead of amare.
AFAIK, the Mobipocket dictionary lookup algorithm automatically converts letters with macrons to the base vowels. I.e. amāre will be treated like amare.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote