View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM   #25
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Death to the papyrus eaters of the West!

Long live the Mighty Electro-Phoretic Priests and their gifts from the Gods!

All right, now that everyone knows where I stand (would rather burn most of my books for warmth than pack and move them again), I have to sat that I agree that the Kindle could be more disruptive.

Amazon is all ready seen as a paradigm shaker, and they have little to no bad press WRT hardware or customer service (to wods: Root Kit) to overcome.

Someone more tech savvy: could a mini-USB dongle be added to a Reader 500/505? Do not see such a need for a keyboard, but wifi would be nice, especially for travelers.

As dumb as the Kindle looks, I can see it being more comforting to people--the Reader is nearly too slick, too miminalist for some people to not be intimidated. The big buttons, chunky profile, and keyboard have a 'down-home' feel to them.

I can see the Kindle winning, if this is a competition, though I don't know that I'd be happy about it.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote