Thread: Sony or Nook?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #51
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
You are mixing things up here. Kindle, B&N and Kobo are US companies working with US shops. Sony is global. They have a wireless model and an online shop to serve the US customers that won't do without wireless. The rest of the world is not the least bit keen on it. Sony did some reasearch before they released their models and decided to cater to their costumers needs globally. In an interview the president of Sony said their costumers in Italy, Spain, China and so on are not interested in wireless.
I think you're underestimating the interest people outside the US have in wireless. There are plenty of people who have paid extra for or are currently trying to get the 950 in other countries, and I doubt they're all going to so much trouble just for an extra inch. Less interested on average I agree (and there are plenty of people in the US who aren't interested, too), but not entirely uninterested. And keep in mind that Amazon is very much selling the Kindle (and its wireless capabilities) to an international market. It is not only a US store. Oh, and Kobo is Canadian-based, not American.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote