View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 03:50 AM   #5
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I don't optimize for a specific device, not even for the device I have. I format the books hoping that they'll work fine in spec-compliant devices, even in future ones. This means I still use "font-variant: small-caps" even though ADE does not support it, and sometimes the illustrations don't quite fit the screen, but I expect a future device will have the option to zoom/scan the picture independently.
I do the same. Though I instead of using small-caps I actually do it the hard way by making them uppercase then decreasing the font size to 80%. Its ideal and takes time doing a bunch of GREP search and replaces, but hey the client sees what they expect to see.

So basically I code for iBooks knowing that if it displays in iBook then there is a very good chance it will display on other devices
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote