View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 AM   #13
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
And if I read the article correctly, doing away with that extra layer for the touchscreen. My one question about the ZDNet blog is that it makes a comment that the new touchscreen "took some getting used to"...but then he just goes on to the next point.

I wish he'd explained what he meant.
From the same article, he mentioned that the latency of the touchscreen improve and works well.

"When I took Amazon’s latest Kindle for a spin, I was told that there were too many compromises with touch navigation. In a nutshell, touch had latency because the signal sent by your fingers had to go through two planes—glass and the E-ink. Sony, however, eliminated the need for an overlay screen. Now touch is much more intuitive and works well."

If Sony successfully eliminated the glare problem, they've made very good ereader. 7" with touchscreen and not too small yet still portable. It might be the best compromise for PDF.

Last edited by OrcaBlue; 09-01-2010 at 03:12 AM.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote