View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #15
polli
Zealot
polli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enoughpolli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Touch, LG G Pad. Asus 7.0
Angry Not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
When I down load free books from different sites they go into Download folder. I then transfer these books to a Book folder in my Document folder then delete those books from the Download folder. When I use Calibre Add Books the books are added to Calibre folder. First in author file then Book's name file and meta data is also filed with the book in the Calibre file system. I backup the book file to another location. When you uninstall or remove installed program should be option to leave or remove related data files for complete removal.

When Calibre is running and you plug in Kobo to computer then select connect on Kobo screen. Calibre then finds and shows books on the Kobo device, and Storage Card A plugged into Kobo along with books in Kobo library. You can then select one (left mouse button) or more than one books (shift or control left mouse button) to add to Calibre's library. This is easy way to transfer your DRM free books on SD card to new computer.
Hi Tried your advice but had a major problem
Since buying my Kobo Touch 2 weeks ago I have been using Adobe Digital but it was always freezing

That was my main reason to try out Calibre.
I found somefree books on the net and it did a great job of converting pdfs helping me find covers and data for epubs
So I was really pleased with it

So I backed up andf then deleted my epubs fron the folder I saved them to and pointed Adobe to when first I installed it
It took me ages to delete all the books however in ADE one by one! (is there a quick way?)

Sotried to import the books from Calibre folder into ADE But ADE could not find them

So i tried the suggestion to get Calibre to manage them However when I tried to put them on my Kobo half of them said unkown format and I could not and the rest looked just the same as before I used Calibre to change data covers etc and they had looked sooo nice lol

So back to square one
What am I missing here?
polli is offline   Reply With Quote