View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Well, you are right about most things, there are different use cases. I've been using / installing / training etc Windows and related since Win3.0 and NT3.51.
Linux is an alternative to Windows, just as MacOS is. Certainly it's not a replacement for some people and also many companies locked into Sharepoint, Outlook, MS Office Macros/programming, Sage, Adobe etc.

Windows 10 can work. However the telemetry, updates and maintenance are disaster unless you are on a higher end version, or even a corporate version. The GUI design is the worst since windows 2.0 on hercules. Flat webpage GUI?
I've maintained many computers (also for a small business) and rolled back almost all from Win10 to Win7. Then later changed some to Linux. I've stopped doing work for my last IT client as their CRM is windows / cloud based and they are breaking GDPR with how they use Cloud services for their clients. They'd rather stay on Win7 and would switch to Linux if their CRM was supported.

Many people have no choice. I have as I can have old gear for the once a year or old game and I now have all the everyday Apps I need on Linux (since about 5 years ago, but I only gave up Windows for main laptop 2 years ago). I migrated to many programs also on Linux even when I was on XP.
Migrated server from Win2000 Advanced Server to Linux when Windows Update Server was no longer any use to us many years ago.

Last edited by Quoth; 10-06-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote