View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 08:35 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
What are people's thoughts with regard to nominating short-story collections, or perhaps individual stories (novellas or whatever) within a collection?

For the March nominations I have a book in mind, from which one story was made into a movie. The particular story is around 55 pages (approx 18k words), and it may well be complex enough for discussion on its own, but the whole collection is only 281 pages (91k words), 8 stories, and all of it's good and interesting.

I can see how short stories might make things messy (especially really large collections) in the discussion. On the other hand, some collections are truly excellent as a whole.

Perhaps this question is best left to the specific vote? (So each book gets judged on its own merits.) But thought I'd see what reaction I got here before spending a nomination on something people might rather not attempt.
It depends on the collection. If it's one of those where the stories are part of a series then that won't work. If the stories are all truly stand alone, then it may work. Another thing that might work is to nominate two novellas.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote