View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 12:43 PM   #72
Davidjb
Davidjb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Newish authors

I like a few of the newer authors:

Michael Sullivan's Riyria series. Two characters, complete opposites are forced to work together and after initial contempt a grudging respect develops. Very good fantasy and very readable. The tale could also be set in medieval times. There are fantasy creatures but they are rare and there's politics and intrigue.

Karen Azinger Silk and Steel Saga. Very readable series and very interesting plot and characters. Well worth a read. I am reading her most recent book at the moment and enjoying it. Some really good concepts. Very much in the fantasy genre with Monks and magic artifacts secretly hidden. There's murders as well and the Mordant is a great creation - very evil.

War of the Fae by Elle Cassey. Urban fantasy set in modern times, but with a hidden world of the Fae, both dark and light. Very light hearted read. Very easy to read and some excellent characters and creations. Book 1 was a free e book so that's always handy.

I have a list of fantasy authors I like at http://www.writingabook.ninja/p/davids-author-blog.html if anyone is interested.
Davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote