Thread: CSS / dropcaps
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 04:29 PM   #48
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I almost certainly was Punchy's Gonzalez's CSS.

Mainly because there is no difference in the way "drop-cap" code is rendered across the various devices that support KF8. In fact, the various renderers have no idea what drop-caps are.

The issue is line-height. And the default line-height is much larger on eInk devices that support KF8 when compared to the line-height on Kindle Fire devices. But there's absolutely no reason why the exact same drop-cap code would render any differently on a updated K3 than it would on a Kindle Touch. And users know (or are learning) that they can easily adjust the line-height when they come upon a KF8 book.
And, of course, line-height can be set. I saw Punchy's post. I'm debating on whether or not to reply, given that old Punch has now decided that he's a professional ebook-maker. Of course, I don't remember if his "go-to" tool, Jutoh, lets you set line-height in their quasi-CSS settings.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote