View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #60
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
More than teachers, I blame the crappy textbooks we give kids.

I HATED "literature" as a kid, and didn't understand why I suddenly loved it in college. (THANK YOU MARGARET ATWOOD!) I go back and look at my old texts and I can see why -- a bunch of bland "morality" stories about the importance of giving up a dog (a Basenji! It will never laugh again because its heart is broken!) you found and cherished because his rich owner finally located you and he wants his stud dog back, or that stupid stupid STUPID story about the "vain" woman who borrowed a (paste) diamond necklace, lost it, and spent the rest of her life paying off a (real) diamond necklace because she wouldn't communicate with her friend and the "moral" of that was to "don't be vain enough to borrow necklaces" rather than something sensible like "insure your stuff to its appraised value".

Grr. If someone forced me to read that crap now, I'd shove the eReader (of their choice!) down their throat.
Lol... Ye those stories are frustrating, we already have live to f*** us up, we don't need books to help it too

I had to read some crappy stories like that too, fortunately I can't remember any specific one and those legends and myth stories with some moral too. Whatever, now I read what I want
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote