View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 AM   #14
sjfan
Addict
sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
No, I completely disagree. It is not a matter of simple or not simple. It is a matter of principle. You don't give in to terrorists that you don't believe are right.
I think we're in agreement; I'm just saying that the decision to block everything is tactical, not technical. I'm saying they could fairly easily block just those works required, not that they should.

If you read their full page, they say in so many words that they're “caving” in the short term and blocking everything until the appeal is over in large part because the appellate court would be more prone to reject their arguments out of hand if they completely ignore the lower court ruling. They want the chance to make their case on its merits before the appellate court, and hopefully win on the merits.

But the implication is that they'll revisit that choice in favor of the best long-term policy once the higher court has ruled.
sjfan is offline   Reply With Quote