View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #439
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
This is ridiculous. My Moon+ reading app turns pages like this...so do a lot of online store flyers. So now they have to pay Apple or remove this ability? I'm so glad I don't own any Apple products.
Out of interest, does anyone know who has to pay legal costs if Apple sue based on this patent, but the patent is then ruled invalid due to prior art?

I guess Apple wouldn't be liable because they were granted the patent, and so had an 'obligation' to sue to defend it, and the accused party wouldn't be liable as they would be exonerated. I imagine they'd both have to pay their own costs, which is fine for a company with deep pockets like Apple, but could be painful for smaller companies who get targeted.

Graham