View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #40
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool i have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkumaTakeshi View Post
Nyssa D&D player?

On the topic finished watching the TV series, will definitely start reading the books (well when I get some money so I can buy 2 or 3 at least). Loved episode 11 btw, was my favorite.

Why didn't they want to continue the series? They were so good :/
i don't know, but here's an interesting post (i've no idea where it was posted or by whom) i stumbled on and saved as a text file back then:

Quote:
Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:58 AM
Despite it's high ratings and audience that grew by leaps and bounds as the show progressed, SciFi... for reasons only known to themselves... decided not to renew the show. There are a number of theories as to why and most center around Bonnie Hammer, who was the network president at the time. Ms. Hammer was obviously NOT a science fiction/fantasy fan and her selection of programming (reality shows, wrestling, etc) proved that she was attempting to lead the network away from that direction. It is also rumored that she had a disagreement with the producers/creative team behind the Dresden Files and because she did not get her way, she threw a tantrum and vowed that the show, no matter how well it might do, would never see a second season.

When the limited run of the show was over, the fans wrote letters to SciFi inquiring about the fate of the show. We were given excuse after excuse and made to wait month after month until finally it was announced (covertly, at the tail end of some other SciFi announcement) that the show would not be renewed. It was implyied that the reason was because the actor's contracts had run out, but that was a diversionary excuse meant to lay the blame on others rather than take responsibility themselves.

The fans then began a petition (which you can still sign... see the topic at the top of the forum page...) as well as a massive email and letter-writing campaign. All we recieved from SciFi has been stony silence. Not one person has recieved any response back from the network. SciFi continues to try and convince everybody, in numerous articles and interviews that the reason the show was cancelled was due to poor ratings. This is an outright LIE. The show was consistantly rated as number THREE of their shows and on at least one, possibly two occasions, beat out Battlestar Galactica for the number ONE spot.... yet SciFi continues to claim the Dresden Files was their "worst scripted failure". I guess they forgot about the dismal performance of such bombs as 'Painkiller Jane' and 'Flash Gordon'....

We fans are not giving up. Many shows have indeed been brought back after years of cancellation, so we keep trying to rub SciFi's nose in the Dresden Files every chance we get. This forum continues to stay active and there are numerous other sites devoted to the show on the internet. One of the best known and most active is dresdencity.org, which is hosted by The Blue Whale Pub, along with many other forums devoted to other supernatural shows such as Dark Shadows. Check it out!
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote