View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 03:22 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
As I said above, most CC users don't bother with the reader app's library manager for several reasons:
  • The reader apps do not understand all of calibre's metadata, and may not understand any of it.
  • The metadata inside the book might not be the same as the metadata inside calibre, which will cause the reader app to display "wrong" metadata.
  • Covers inside the book might not be the same as covers in calibre. You might be seeing the effects of this problem.
  • CC's sorting and grouping features far exceed those offered by reader apps.
  • CC can show/sort/group on calibre custom columns.
  • CC will automatically update metadata and covers every time you connect as a wireless device.
  • In some cases there is no single reader app that handles all the book formats (mobi, epub, cbz, pdf, etc), or does not handle them in a way acceptable to the user. CC can launch different reader apps based on format.
When you use CC as a library manager, you do not "import" the books into the reader app. Instead you "read" the book from CC, which will launch the reader app and (usually) open the book.

As for why you are seeing the wrong covers in Moon+: I don't know. It could be that the wrong covers are in the book file. It could be a problem with Moon+. Or something else. Using CC as the library manager avoids these problems. (BTW: I use Moon+ Pro as my main reader app.)
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote