Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 07:35 AM   #81
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Oh man... this is now irritating! After applying v1.3.1 my KT doesn't boot anymore! It says "Your Kindle Needs Repair."

I saved the output of
Code:
md5sum /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/init.xargs|awk '{print $1}'
which was 758a75d649545ae60f3bf2e90a0c6778
so it wasn't any of the cases in the if-elsif conditions of shell script for manual installation (src folder).

before doing killall cvm, what I did was just to comment out TTS plugin in CONFIG.TXT

EDIT: wth? God damn it! I swear I had ssh access in my diags (I am using MfgTool now)... not the best day apparently!

EDIT 2: I can ping 192.168.15.244.

EDIT 3: (As suggested somewhere in the forum by Geekmaster to wait for a while for the Enable USBnet to start to respond), I now have SSH access in diags mode, so don't panic my friends!!! I think I can easily get KT on her feet... but still ixtab, some of the patches have the potential to brick devices, be vigilant about them.

EDIT 4: I will work on this and post my result OR ask for advice/help in a relevant debricking thread instead of here, as I don't want this thread to deviate. Thanks again.

EDIT 5: So turned out it wasn't ixtab's jbpatch problem (well as far as I can see for now), but it was my fault. I'll explain in case in helps someone in future: I had previous kpatch (I never install any *.bin, as I prefer to install things manually) in /opt/amazon/ebook/bin/init.xargs like this:
-istart kpatcher.jar
instead of
-istart jbpatcher.jar

So I corrected it and restarted. This didn't work and I got same repair error. So I decided to uninstall jbpatch... I did it and then restarted... didn't work! I let the KT sit there for a while! Nothing happened... So I gave up, got tired unplugged the USB cable and wanted to go to bed... I got scared because KT then went to a restart loop, I think for 5-6 times!!! Phew, my KT is back now! So this case is closed. BUT I really don't understand Kindle's Linux... I think we should move and replace it with, I don't know, Android or K-Tizen or ...

I SUSPECT there is an issue with the noad patch.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 05-19-2012 at 09:45 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote