Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:38 AM   #79
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Nope.

If you have the no-ads patch installed, just keep it there. You won't see no ads on the home screen. And if you have it installed and also delete /var/local/adunits, you won't see any ads at all.

^^
Ahh... After updating CONFIG.TXT, first reboot fixed the home screen. After removing adunits folder, NEXT reboot fixed screensavers.

Funny how a slap in the face (5.1.0 firmware) can change your whole opinion about customer loyalty and ethics, isn't it? They used up what little I may have owed them.

I like this patch thing. Now I want to call my native mode apps from java (security risk and all -- perhaps only "signed" apps to be more secure?)...

EDIT: Actually, just being able to do a client/server thing and have a native app and java app communicate would be great (through a shared file, or a named pipe, if necessary).

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-19-2012 at 03:44 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote