View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #10028
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Azpen A746, Entourage Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
When she had forked over $7,000 the robber said, "That's enough" and walked out the door.

It's hard to find a bank robber who knows when he's had enough.
Back in the 80's, I worked in a back office function of a major bank. A story made the rounds about an attempted robbery at one of our branches.

The robber came in and handed a note to a teller stating it was a holdup and give him her money. The teller, a middle aged black woman, said "I'm sorry sir. We don't do that here. You'll have to go the the other bank down the block!", put out her Closed sign, and walked away from her window.

He did go rob the competitor's branch down the block. (And I think he got arrested by the NYPD on his way out, because our branch called them and reported it.)

Everyone who heard the story wished they could be as cool as the teller.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote