View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #95
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Are big name authors generally more difficult to work with (to get to make needed changes) than new authors?
It depends. Some are, some aren't. In my 30 years of editing, I have edited hundreds, if not thousands, of books and only a handful of authors were problems and of those handful only a very few took the position that their writing required no editing whatsoever.

The very best authors in my experience are those who recognize and understand the role of an editor and choose to work with the editor rather than against the editor. Ultimately decisions belong to the author, not the editor, but a good editor can often offer insights from a reader's perspective that an author may have missed.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote