View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 03:47 PM   #63
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
However, the image was not registered as the cover image (e.g. Windows MobiPocket Reader does not have a cover page entry under the contents icon and does not show a thumbnail of the cover image in its eBooks library view).
I have tried to fix this and other issues in 0.0.18 (which is available as a tar file). I will later today test it under Windows and build new Windows binaries.

Quote:
On the other hand, mobi2html.exe created corrupted images, and running html2mobi.exe on the result of mobi2html crashed in "getBounds" (probably on one of the corrupted images).
I think I have fixed this and will test it soon.

Quote:
Also, mobi2html did not seem to support all the options in its documentation. For example, --coverimage with no argument did not work and neither did --mobifile MOBIFILE and --htmlfile HTMLFILE.
Did you really mean mobi2html? I checked html2mobi and these options seems to work.

Quote:
For Windows at least, it would be useful if mobi2html could add a filename extension to the images (e.g. record-7307489.bmp instead of just record-7307489). This requires detecting the image type, but even the wrong image type filename extension would probably be better than no extension.
Fixed.

Quote:
For the particular case of BookDesigner .prc files, it would be a nice addition to mobi2mobi if the Table of Contents near the start could be used as the basis for a formal TOC. Then, mobi2mobi would become the easiest way to enhance all the existing .prc files in the Mobi/PRC Books Forum to fully functioning version 4 MOBI files.
The idea was that mobi2mobi should only touch header data. I will think about this.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote