View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 AM   #8
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Most kids these days don't even know where food comes from.

Everything comes from a factory. When you say that milk comes from a cow and is only "cleaned up" in a factory, they'll look at you dumbly... And when you say that potatoes don't grow "on" the plant, but in the soil, they won't believe you either... Everything grows on the plant, right? (and don't even mention that potatoes are family of the nightshade and highly toxic! They probably never want potatoes anymore as chips don't come from potatoes, but from the factory...)
A true example of this then:

A couple of months ago a friend of my son's (aged 11) came to our house for tea. For the meal I offered to make chips (fries possibly in the US). Matthew's friend said to me, "What are you making them out of?" and when I replied "Potatoes" he said "Oh, I don't want any then"! I assume he had only ever seen chips from McDonalds and such like and had no idea what they were made of.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote