View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #749
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibble View Post
I have posted a handwritten list of "rules" eat my desk, where I spend most of my time.
Can you say 'Freudian Slip?'
These are very 'livable' rules, and pretty much what I have been following since August.

Quote:
[*]You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.
One of the most important for me. I know that if I were to rule out some special treat, I'd find myself breaking my diet as too confining. I give myself treats at least 2-3 times a week. But instead of the whole pizza, I just have one or two slices.

Quote:
[*]Eat with awareness. (No mindless snacking while watching television, etc.)
This is one I break almost every night. But I break it with popcorn... I make 1/4 cup un-popped kernels, and that can take me 2-3 nights of nibbling to finish. (I eat one kernel at a time, actually biting off bits and pieces of it...) Less than 30 calories a night.

Quote:
[*]You don't have to clean your plate. (Duh.)
We switched to half sized portions, (even for grilled chicken,) except for veggies.

Eating this way, and lots of long walks, stair climbing, and easy at-home PT, this morning my scale read 78.9kg. You can do it if you want it badly enough.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote