View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #66
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
As threads tend to get buried and forgotten rather quickly in this forum, here's a temporary countermeasure.

But knc1's idea of forcing Amazon to give access to the device via the license terms is quite brilliant and probably worth pursuing. If anybody is more versed in that field than I am, please do follow that route. If it's really like knc1 said (IANAL, and I literally either fall asleep, or get nauseous, as soon as I'm confronted with lawyers), then this may even be worth reporting to the FSFE. Especially in light of those completely crackbrained new regulations about the legal status of jailbreaking some devices, but not others, based on their screen size.

<rant mode="controversial">Yes, sometimes I'm really thankful for not living in the self-proclaimed Land Of The Free. Where I live, people are still free to actually own their devices and to do whatever they want with them. Which includes reverse engineering, modifying, jailbreaking, using them for scientific research, or whatever else they want to do. And, luckily, no company take can these civil rights away.</rant>

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote