View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #92
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiri View Post
Just thought I'd pass this along for whatever it's worth - I've been playing with your (wonderful) mobiperl tools all day, getting my books to look right in the Kindle Home page. I had bought Bertrand Russell's "History of Western Philosophy" in Amazon's proprietary .azw format, and I guess whenever the publisher's did the conversion, they typed in 'Bertrand Russell' under author instead of 'Russell, Bertrand'.

The result of this was when I sorted by author, every author showed up correctly by last name except Russell, who showed up under 'B' for Bertrand instead of under 'R' for Russell. I'm anal, and it annoyed me greatly. At any rate, I took the .azw file off of my Kindle, changed the extension to .prc, and ran mobi2mobi to change the metadata. After the file spit out, I changed it back to .azw, and sure enough, it worked like a charm.

So, if anyone else has metadata they don't like in a protected .azw file, it works.

Enjoy, and thanks tompe!

Jiiri
Thanks, Jiiri!

It worked great for me too on a file I'd used Igorsk's Kindle hack to add the Kindle PID. The only problem was that for 95% of the files I'd converted the title info was completely lost not to mention the author. Too bad I have a gazillion files to run through Mobi2Mobi.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote